Saturday, February 09, 2008

Survival Kit No. 1: Creativity {Eric Maisel}

In honour of Eric Maisel's visit to my blog I thought I'd do a creativity toolkit focused on the many ways that you can introduce a daily dose of Eric into your life.

My introduction to Eric's work began when I bought Fearless Creating which is a creativity workbook and source of inspiration that I dip in and out of every once in a while. The quotes in the side panels are worth the price of the book on their own. Growing up I was taught that good girls didn't write in books, particularly ones they love deeply. Fearless Creating was one of the first books I allowed myself to truly engage with by underlining, asterixing and filling in some of the exercises.

my wild faces
Originally uploaded by creating in the dark


Visit my flickr photo set to see some more of the pages I've marked up :-)

Next I bought Eric's 'Creativity Book' which is of a format and size that makes it perfect for keeping in my handbag to dive into whenever I find myself at a loose end while I'm out and about.
Creativity Book

I can't recommend Eric's free weekly newsletter highly enough - it's impossible to ignore Eric's words of wisdom when you're getting a shot in the arm from him every Sunday ... priceless.

Eric has two podcast shows, The Joy of Living Creatively and Your Purpose-Centered Life.

Other books on my 'Eric Maisel wishlist':
A Writer’s Space, on sale in the US in April, in which Eric looks at many existential issues in the lives of writers.

Creativity for Life
- discusses the challenges of having an artistic personality and how we can make creativity a central part of our life and our work.

Oh and pretty much any other book by this ridiculously talented and wise creativity guru

No comments: